Saturday 12 April 2008

CC2 Week 6


I wanted the drunk object to play random notes on the keyboard. My MAX keyboard goes from key 24 to 95 so I set that as a variable range with a range of 50 for the window. The tempo of the notes played can be adjusted by the user but I felt it needed more. The patch was not ‘drunk enough.’ I continued by adding the ‘random’ object and made that send random numbers up to 1000 so as to change the metronome speed. This created a very sporatic tempo. This second stage of drunkeness I nicknamed ‘paro.’ The patch is included as a separate MAX object in the folder along with the MIDI filter that was made to select black/white/all keys. I made some LED’s and a simple dial for the delay in Photoshop and put those in ‘pictctrl’ objects to finish it all off.


Haines, Christian. 2008. “CC2 – Introduction to Max.” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide, 20th March.
1990-2005 Cycling 74/IRCAM

No comments: