Saturday 29 March 2008

CC2 Week 3 - Program Structuring

I think I am getting there. I had issues with the ubumenu though. I kept thinking “where does the info go?” but Seb told me to think of it as meta data. Meta data that is simply telling the patch which setting to use. There is no MIDI data going through it. This was a confusing issue for me as I look at all the connections as signal flow. The modulo is very straight forward as explained by Christian. The octave range is too very simple. It is just the note number divided by twelve but with the remainder ignored. By using ‘select’ from a previous tutorial I could use the remainder to choose the note name. Instead of having a whole bunch of cords and boxes everywhere, Seb told me about ‘prepend.’ Prepend adds to the front whatever it’s argument is so one can set what is displayed in a message box. I think I am getting there.
I also found the ‘build collective/application/plugin” option so I figured I’d see what happens. It didn't work out of interest.

Patch updated with all functions from the readings.

Haines, Christian. 2008. “CC2 – Introduction to Max.” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide, 20th March.

1990-2005 Cycling 74/IRCAM

No comments: