Monday 27 August 2007

2007 - Sem 2 - Forum - Week 4 - Circuit Bending (1)



This is a Wiggles Squeeze Box toy I picked up in an op shop for $3. The red points would pause the music and then continue when released. It would stop completely if held too long, about 3 seconds. I thought I’d broken it at first, but removing a battery brought it back to life. A reset switch soldered into the on/off button might be in order. The blue points changed the volume. There was a huge volume drop when these two points were touched. The yellow points seemed to control the ‘squeeze box’ part of the toy. It would trigger that sound. Most of the others just created static and scratchy noises. I found the trigger points for all the band members, but I don’t see any real point to that as I can trigger all those separately and together via the buttons on the front. The resistors I’ll take out and add some potentiometers of course. I’m thinking I’ll try to find a sliding version to put under the thumb to control while playing.

Haines, Christian. 2007. “Forum Workshop – Circuit Bending.” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide, 16th August.

Seb Tomczak. 2007. “Forum Workshop – Circuit Bending.” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide, 16th August.

No comments: