Thursday 20 September 2007

2007 – Sem2 – CC1 -Week 8 – Performance Sequencing (2)



Geez, what can I say. Why didn’t I ever install this? Again, I’ve been amazed at the simple way of creating songs and equally amazing that, apart from the obvious bass and brief guitar part, all of this is drums?! The guitar I switched back off pretty much straight away. It jumps out too suddenly and besides, I was having too much fun warping the drums.
As far as the subject of limited functions go, I have fallen into the trap of recording track after track of an instrument part in the past only to be left with a nightmare to edit and the track really just ends up as lifeless nonsense anyway. Limited tracks or slots forces you to commit.

-
-
Haines, Christian. 2007. “CC1 – Performance Sequencing(2).” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide, 13th September.

Live. 1999-2007. Ableton AG.

2 comments:

edward kelly said...

it's a fun little program that the whole family can make dodgy music with :)

edward kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.