Saturday 1 September 2007

2007 – Sem2 – Forum - Week 5 – Circuit Bending (2)

This seems pretty straightforward. Find some bends and add some switches in the circuit. The bend I chose was in between the resistor. By removing the resistor and soldering in a potentiometer, I was able to adjust the pitch of the sound by turning the pot. A line output could have been soldered in between the speaker wire path to enable an audio output suitable for a PA for example. I didn’t bother doing that with this but I’ll probably do it for my main instrument. A DI would be a safe method of using the output.

Some good sites I've been looking at for ideas are here:

http://www.anti-theory.com/soundart/circuitbend/

Haines, Christian. 2007. “Forum-Circuit Bending.” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide, 23rd August.

No comments: