Sunday 9 September 2007

2007 – Sem2 – Forum - Proposal for Forum Instrument

Well my limited brain function isn't going to create the next Toncolarium anytime soon, so the base instrument is a Wiggle’s toy squeezbox I picked up at an Op Shop that I plan to circuit bend. It plays various songs and noises at the push of various buttons. I aim to use most of the things in the “ReadingsComp” handout in my instrument including the addition of potentiometers for pitch and speed variations, 1 to X bend, a panic button, line output, etc. There is another small circuit board inside that is connected to the ‘squeezbox’ part of the toy. I’ve disconnected the cord which can’t be seen in the pic, but I plan on bending that too. I’ve considered making a new box for it, but I kind of like the quirkyness of a squeezbox.

No comments: