Saturday 2 August 2008

CC2 week 1 Introduction to MSP


I had problems understanding the “volume changer” part of the assignment. I was still in the mindset that if a sample rate is faster than control rate, then the control rate should not be an issue as it can’t keep up. It dawned on me later that my thinking on this was back to front. The control rate is indeed too slow to keep up with the sample rate therefore we must alter the audio wave to compensate. I was also thinking the ramp time for volume changes would be constant, ie it should ‘duck to zero’ whether I make an adjustment from 45 to 46 or 2 to 96. Once I realised that the ramp was only noticable over large volume changes and could only work like this anyway due to smaller steps being too subtle did I feel comfortable with my understanding of the task.
-
-
Haines, Christian. 2008. “CC2 – Creative Computing Semester 2.” Seminars presented at the University of Adelaide.

1990-2005 Cycling 74/IRCAM

No comments: