Sunday 6 May 2007

Week 8 - CC1 - Desktop Music Environment (2)

Well after last weeks debacle working with Reason, I figured I’d better sort this ‘key zone’ issue out properly. Yay! It seems I have sorted it out, but before we get into that there’s some sound manipulation in order on Fscape and SoundHack. I used the band splitting plugin in to split the word Behold into 8 parts and processed the full sentence in SoundHack with the phaser vocoder plugin, then split that into 4 parts with the band splitter. I went back to play around with it some more today, and chose some extreme settings. I think they were a little too extreme as the file size went balistic. I found it strange that there is no cancel option to stop a process, but since it is an early audio processor it is easy to forgive. I let it get to over a Gig before I quit the whole program down to stop it.

As I mentioned earlier I have figured out the key zones and placed my sounds together where they would be convenient to play and give the right pitches I was after. I’m still no keyboard player but I am much happier with the results this week and am getting more confident with Reason. After todays Perspectives lesson, I think it would be a good task for me to figure out how to assign different sounds to velocity changes.



Finished Soundscape.

Haines, Christian. 2007. “Creative Computing.” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide, 2nd May.

Reason. 2007 Propellerhead Software, Inc All Rights Reserved.


No comments: