Monday 8 October 2007

2007 – Sem2 – CC1 -Week 9 – Integrated Setup (1)

Ok, I’m a bit behind. Edward and I got it all to work in Studio 5, but it did keep crashing quite a few times so we gave up and decided to record our own tunes at home. Well I’m having trouble again as I can’t seem to automate panning and such on their own. When I link things together, the panning for example only moves when I physically change the wave type on my oscillator with the mouse. So I’m obviously missing something so I’ll ask Edward tomorrow and hopefully have something to blog then.
The good thing is that after talking with Edward about my FM patch that didn’t seem to work, the problem seemed to be in the frequency settings. The amplitude was too low and the frequency too high to affect the carrier (doh!), so I lowered the frequency setting and made the amplitude setting larger and hey presto, it works. Yay!!! It’s the wrong blog but here’s the FM patch and a pic. Since I was on a roll, I also added an LFO and played around with that. Interestingly, and obviously in hindsight, the waveform is an exact replica of the waveform selected in the LFO. The lower pic (in which I used the LFO) starts with a sine wave and then I flicked it to a sawtooth. I am smurt.
-




-
Haines, Christian. 2007. “AA1-FM Synthesis” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide, 4th October.

Plogue Bidule. 2001-2007 Plogue Art et Technologie, Inc

No comments: