Monday 15 October 2007

2007 – Sem2 – Forum – Week 10 – Instrument Show And Tell

Well we got to show off our instruments we have been building/making/destroying. It was interesting. I particularly liked the square wave generators a couple of students had made that were performed by placing the hands over light sensitive resistors. I would like to make one of these for myself some time down the track as I think my kids would get a kick out of playing with something like this. Unfortunately some students instruments didn’t work or were being temperamental on the day, including mine, but hopefully it will be sorted by next week. All in all pretty cool and I will no doubt explore the art of circuit bending more in the holidays. I admit I was one of the more vocal skeptics, but I must admit this exercise has opened up more ideas and avenues for musical creation. I don’t look at toys the same way anymore. There is always a thought of how it could be bent into something cool.
-
Whittington, Steven. And all us Tech dudes. 2007. “Circuit Bending Forum” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide, 11th October.

1 comment:

Darren S said...

I follow you, Freddy. Toys R Us will never be the same and now I always have an ear out for not just toys but anything electronic, hackable and cheap that makes a noise (and doesn't use too many batteries).