Thursday 15 May 2008

AA2 Week 9 Mixing


I dug up an old drum recording I forgot I had from about five years ago. The first mix is simple level adjustments, panning and a bit of eg and compression on the kick. The second has eq and compression on all the tracks. The third has eq, compression, a 27ms delay on the snare to thicken it, the kick drum has a 58hz sine wave gated across it and finally some reverb added to the snare and overheads. The reverb has a quick decay with a 20ms predelay to try and steer clear of the 80’s sound. I am pleased that I can not only start to get better sounds, but can actually imagine a sound and create what I hear in my head.
-
Mix1
Mix2
Mix3
-
Grice, David. 2008. “AA2 – Mixing.” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide 13th May.

Digidesign. 1996-2007 Avid Technology, Inc All Rights Reserved.

No comments: