Thursday 8 May 2008

CC2 Week 8


It is no secret that I always struggle to create music this way. I do prefer a set format in a composition. I did find this much easier than last weeks exercise. I controlled the mod wheel in MAX via metro that is going into a counter. That is set to 2 so it goes up and down and then goes into scale set at 0 127 so it goes across all 128 data bits. Two number boxes can manually control the range of the mod wheel. I also made a MAX controller for the ADSR section in Subtractor. This is simply a metronome going into random then into scale. This was going to be used four times so it was more convenient to encapsulated them. I called it randslide, short for random slider. All controls are manually adjustable by the user. The result is not overly musical, but the random results are interesting. Kind of like R2-D2 on crack.
-
-
Haines, Christian. 2008. “CC2 – MIDI and Virtual Instrumentation.” Seminar presented at the University of Adelaide, 8th May.

1990-2005 Cycling 74/IRCAM

Reason. 2008 Propellorhead Software

No comments: